Language Services

According to the published census data for Citrus County (2015) 94% of the adults over the age of 18, living in Citrus County, speak English at home as their primary language. Spanish is spoken in 4% of the remaining Citrus County homes. Together, that represents 98% of Citrus County households. The remaining 2% is represented by Indo-European, Asian/Islander or other languages.

Open the following link to view the Final Rule from the Department of Health and Human Services on the Patient Protection and the Affordable Care Act:

http://www.hhs.gov/civil-rights/for-individuals/section-1557/index.html

Discrimination is Against the Law

Lecanto Surgery Center complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Lecanto Surgery Center does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin,
age, disability, or sex.

Lecanto Surgery Center:

  • Will provide for free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
    • Qualified sign language interpreters
    • Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic
      formats, other formats)
  • Will provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
    • Qualified interpreters
    • Information written in other languages

If you believe that Lecanto Surgery Center has failed to provide these services or
discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with: Shannon Bryant, Risk Manager/Civil Rights Coordinator, P.O. Box 1420, Lecanto, Florida 34461, 352-527-0201, Fax: 352-527-8863. You can file a grievance in person or by mail or fax. If you need help filing a grievance, Shannon Bryant is available to help you.

You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human
Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint
Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at:

U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html.